(NQF Level 2 - US 244609)
This course is intended to create an awareness of the effects of substance abuse and addiction and where help can be obtained.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Describing substance abuse and the process towards addiction.
- Identifying the most frequently abused substances and their short term effects.
- Describing the long term effects of substance abuse on the individual and others.
- Explaining how to access support structures in the community.
The course consists of the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 - What is Substance Abuse?
- Lesson 2 - How Does It Happen?
- Lesson 3 - Short Term Effects
- Lesson 4 - Long Term Effects
- Lesson 5 - Getting Help