(NQF Level 1 – US 13172)
Learners are taught all about the rights and expectations of both the company and the learner.
The qualifying learner is able to:
- Describe the roles and contribution of the employee and the employer.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of the employee and the employer.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the relevant portions of company rules, policies and procedures.
- Explain employment contracts and their purpose.
The course consists of the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 – The Basic Employment Equity Act
- Lesson 2 – The role, rights, contribution and responsibilities of the employee
- Lesson 3 – The role, rights, contribution and responsibilities of the employer
- Lesson 4 – Leave
- Lesson 5 – Timekeeping
- Lesson 6 – Communication channels, options for resolving problems
- Lesson 7 – Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Lesson 8 – Safety
- Lesson 9 – Employment contracts and their purpose